Thursday, January 10, 2008

Monkey Dooz


So, I've decided that I should start taking Austin to get his haircut more often (it had been almost 3 months since the last one) because he really hates it and needs to get used to this experience. Yesterday I took him to this kids salon called Monkey Dooz, it's really cute- complete with wall murals of monkeys and trees, cars to sit in (for toddlers that can't sit still in a chair), TV's with movies playing, and even a little party room in the back for birthday parties. I thought for sure he would cooperate being that he could "drive" a car while getting his hair cut and I even prepped him for the experience a week ahead of time. He was really excited at first and wanted to sit in the jeep even though it was a Barbie jeep, but after only a few minutes of trimming his long locks off the top, he started having a fit when the hair dresser got close to his ears. So, the rest of the experience wasn't all that pleasant (even after I bribed him with M&M's and a toy) and I ended up holding his head as still as I could while she finished the job! Luckily, the lady was fast and moved with him (which is quite the talent, I must say) and he was done after 15 minutes. And I do have to say that for having to wrangle a busy, crying, STRONG toddler almost the entire time, his hair looks pretty good!

2 comments:

heather and fam said...

That is the coolest looking hair cutting joint I've seen! Wow, Eth and Maecee (oh wait, I don't think Maecee will have hair to cut!) would love that! It's something with boys and having to cut by their ears that freaks them out---Ethan is weird about it too! He may be a little distracted though if he was sitting in a car!

p.s. Happy B-day Sunday! Is Eric going to be there? Did you get my package?

Anonymous said...

I witnessed this haircut and I'm not sure that you didn't substitute a digital image of Austin into this picture. He NEVER sat that still for the entire time!