I couldn't resist writing a post about our beloved prophet and leader, President Gordon B. Hinkley, passing away last night because even though I wouldn't normally express my deepest sentiment of something of this nature publicly, I had to record my thoughts of this event so that someday I can look back on this and recall how I felt by this devasting loss. Last night when I turned on the TV and was flipping through the channels and found out that our beloved Prophet had passed away earlier that evening, I was of course, devasted at the loss of such a great man (and my favorite prophet)! But by the very same token, I was also overjoyed for him to finally return to the arms of his loving wife in heaven! I can't imagine the joyous celebration and reunion that must have been for them, not to mention everyone else that has anxiously awaited him! And of course, what an even greater and uncomprendable reunion it must have been for him to finally meet his Lord and Savior! I try to invision what that must be like, and tears just start flowing! What a great work he did while on this earth, what an impact he made not only the people of the church, but world-wide! He was such a loving man with a big heart and a great sense of humor who truly loved all people. It's hard to believe how much this man traveled all over the world, even in his last years (being 97 when he passed away!) and how much he was respected by all those who met him. The work he did while on this Earth was nothing short of miraculous, amazing, and inspired by God! The thing I most love about this man though is the gentle and humble way he speaks and bears his testimony because there is no denying that he truly is a man of God! He has a special spirit, a compassionate soul, and a endearing and charismatic presence to him that I admire so much! We will truly miss him, but know that his time had come, his work was done, and how happy he must be in a better place.Monday, January 28, 2008
Pres. Hinkley passes away
I couldn't resist writing a post about our beloved prophet and leader, President Gordon B. Hinkley, passing away last night because even though I wouldn't normally express my deepest sentiment of something of this nature publicly, I had to record my thoughts of this event so that someday I can look back on this and recall how I felt by this devasting loss. Last night when I turned on the TV and was flipping through the channels and found out that our beloved Prophet had passed away earlier that evening, I was of course, devasted at the loss of such a great man (and my favorite prophet)! But by the very same token, I was also overjoyed for him to finally return to the arms of his loving wife in heaven! I can't imagine the joyous celebration and reunion that must have been for them, not to mention everyone else that has anxiously awaited him! And of course, what an even greater and uncomprendable reunion it must have been for him to finally meet his Lord and Savior! I try to invision what that must be like, and tears just start flowing! What a great work he did while on this earth, what an impact he made not only the people of the church, but world-wide! He was such a loving man with a big heart and a great sense of humor who truly loved all people. It's hard to believe how much this man traveled all over the world, even in his last years (being 97 when he passed away!) and how much he was respected by all those who met him. The work he did while on this Earth was nothing short of miraculous, amazing, and inspired by God! The thing I most love about this man though is the gentle and humble way he speaks and bears his testimony because there is no denying that he truly is a man of God! He has a special spirit, a compassionate soul, and a endearing and charismatic presence to him that I admire so much! We will truly miss him, but know that his time had come, his work was done, and how happy he must be in a better place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I echo your sentiments. How sweet that you would post a tribute to our beloved Prophet. I too will miss him--his simple, yet profound testimony of our Savior, his sincerity, his gentle and warm manner, and even his humor. He had a deep and lasting impact on all of our lives!
You're right, Christina. We had to shed a tear or two, but any grief has been quickly over-shadowed by our gratitude for him and for the monumental work accomplished in his life time. I feel like rejoicing.
Love, Donna
I feel the same way. How weird and sad it is to think of our church without him, but how happy for him to return home! He was an amazing man who I think we all feel personally loved by.
Post a Comment