Today we were reading books and Austin goes, "Mom, can I read a book to Carson?" I of course thought, "hmmm, I wonder how long this will last", but let Austin put Caron on his lap while he preceded to read a couple of books to him. I watched as Austin knew all the words pretty much and as he turned the pages, he would put Carson's hand on the different textures, and say things like, "you see, that truck is ridgy". It was pretty cute. The funniest part though was that Carson of course wanted to grab the book and put it into his mouth, and this frustrated Austin, so he locked down Carson's arms with one of his hands, while he held the book and turned the pages! Too funny! That only lasted 1/2 a minute though because Carson got upset that he couldn't taste the book anymore!
The last couple of months, I've noticed that not only does Austin acknowledge his little brother, he loves to give him hugs/kisses, he plays with him, he climbs in his crib to greet him after a nap, and when Carson is tired, he puts Carson's thumb in his mouth and says, "It's ok Bubbers, just suck your thumb and you will go to sleep". It amazes me that this busy, non-stop, pretty un-cuddly, and independent kid already loves his brother and shows affection to him. It melts my heart that every night when Austin is saying his prayers he always prays for Carson to be "strong and healthy". What a good big brother!
4 comments:
Way to go Audie! Love to see you helping Carson. You are GREAT! Keep helping Mommie and Daddy. I love you big guy.
Grandpa Mac
What a great post. Love that wonderful little boy! He's learning a lot from his excellent parents. Carson is in good hands.
What a beautiful thing. Those moments make all the stress of 2 kids worth it. It just keeps getting better as they can play together more.
Ok- that is the cutest!! He climbs into his crib with him....that's so cute!!
Yeah, we are coming home for 3 weeks! Can't wait to see everyone and eat some Nachos :)
I'd love to see you guys. When will you be at your parents? Are they in their new house yet?? We'll be in CA From Dec. 13-17th and then Utah for a week and back in CA from Dec. 26-Jan. 4. Will you be there then??
Post a Comment