We were driving the other day, and my conversation with Austin went as follows:
Mom: "Austin, who loves you?" (I always ask him this)
Austin: "Jesus!" (His typical response is usually Mom or Dad.)
Mom: "That's right, buddy!"
Austin: "Mom, Jesus loves me even when I don't obey or do bad things sometimes."
Mom: (trying to hold back the tears) "You're right again, buddy. He does love you ALL the time just like Mom and Dad love you all the time."
Austin: "AND, just because we do bad things sometimes, we are still good people."
Mom: "Austin, I am so proud of you! You are very smart and I hope you know how much we love you just like Heavenly Father and Jesus love you."
Can you believe this came from a 3 yr. old? After we got home, I thought about our conversation and wondered how a 3 yr. old can understand our Savior's love for us despite our mistakes better than we can sometimes! It really is as simple as that. Oh, the things we learn from our sweet children!
3 comments:
Wow, that is amazing thinking! He is smart. I love those pics of Carson with leaves. What a cutie! I wish Emil would stay still sometimes...
Wonderful.
Austin, your Grandpa Mac loves you all the time TOO!
Post a Comment