

Last night I went to the much anticipated midnight premiere of "Twilight" with about 20 girlfriends. I still really can't believe I did that because as much as I enjoyed the Twilight book series, I wouldn't really consider myself a "die hard" plus, I am so not a night owl anymore! We ended up going to dinner and getting to the theater at around 9pm to get seats together. Luckily, there were 6 screens showing the movie, so we all got to sit together right smack in the middle. For 3 hours, we chatted and counted down the minutes to the movie. I seriously felt like I was in high school all over again! Not to mention 2/3 of the crowd WAS high school girls! I was a little worried that I wouldn't make it without dozing, but several Diet Cokes and 20 friends sure did the trick!
I have to say that I didn't have huge expections for the movie, mostly because movies are never as good as the books. And it's impossible for them to be as good because the book has more time to build up the plot and the relationships between the characters. I will say, however, that I did enjoy the movie for entertainment purposes, but I was disappointed that it didn't build up the characters relationships with each other (esp the Cullens) a little better. Also, Edward wasn't as HOT as the book depicts him (which even by Brad Pitt standards would be hard to find). All in all, it was a fun movie to see, but the best part was actually just spending time with friends (without kid interruptions!). What a blast we had!
1 comment:
What a bunch of hot women! It makes me wish I would have gone! So much fun! Glad you had a good time. I'll make it to see it one of these days. Very cute pictures.
Post a Comment