
I can't believe our baby is 1! HOLY COW!!! Where the heck did the last year go? He is growing up WAY too fast! What a cute little bugger he is though and I can't give enough reasons why we love our little Carson so much! But here are some of the reasons why he brings so much joy to our family...
1. That smile. The chubby cheeks, the dimples, the little teethers (he has 8 now), and ESPECIALLY the way he crinkles his nose sometimes when he smiles. It seriously melts my heart, makes my day, and brings me out of my gloom sometimes EVERYTIME I see that smile. 'Nuf said.

2. His easy-going, laid-back, happy-go-lucky personality. Pretty much anything floats his boat and he truly is the easiest, happiest baby in the world.

3. The way he loves and looks up his big bro. He loves to watch Austin like a hawk (that can be a good thing AND a bad thing!), whether that's while we're driving somewhere in the car, eating at the table, or just playing. It's so cute to watch them together (when they're not fighting over toys, that is).
4. Those chubby, little feet-ohhhh, I could just eat them everytime I see those little toes-ies! And everytime I say that, Austin has to remind me, "Mom, don't eat my brothers toes, they are NOT FOOD!" :)
5. I love the way Carson is so excited about food, he eats everything and anything, THANK GOODNESS!!! He looks forward to meal time, to say the least...and the kid's not starving that's for sure!
6. His sweet, happy spirit that is always excited to see you. He doesn't even seem to have a thing against strangers, YET. Thank goodness for 2 un-shy kids that aren't afraid of people!
7. Gotta love the way Carson ADORES his blankie, the way he cuddles it, and looks for it when he's tired. If it's laying on the floor, he will go lay next to it, grab it with his hand and put it next to his face, and suck his thumb. Cutest thing ever PERIOD.

8. Which leads me to that THUMB of his. There pretty much isn't anything more DELICIOUS than that chubby little fist up against his mouth as he sucks his thumb. Yeah, I'm sure we'll be paying for that in a couple of years, but for now, I'm going to relish the fact that he is the easiest baby to put to sleep.

9. Carson's funny little sounds and words. His latest words besides "Dada", "Mama", and "Baba" are "WOW (it is so hilarious the way he enuciates it) and "Ball" (go figure!). And he takes after Austin with his deep voice too-so cute!
10. Those EYES. They're so blue, they look fake and I could gaze into them for hours!

11. That laugh, especially that full-belly chuckle when he gets tickled. There's no better sound than that.
12. The way he loves to take baths or play in the water. Just like his brother, those two could play in the tub for hours and end up like prunes and not care!

13. Carson loves to dance and "shake what his mama gave him"! If he hears ANY kind of music-whether we're singing silly made-up songs, music from his toys, the TV, the car radio, or even at church-he often sways back and forth, bounces up and down, or shakes his head. One of these days I PROMISE to get it on camera, it's the funniest thing!
14. Carson is in love with balls, especially soccer balls (probably the black and white color thing) and he has this soft, squishy one he loves to chase around and pick up with his teeth (hmmm, kind of like a dog?!)
15. Most of all, I love that Carson is a little "Mama's boy"-he always has a smile for me and I'm definitely #1 in his book! Now, let's just hope it stays like that way until he's gets married! :)
2 comments:
So cute! Happy first birthday to Carson. He sure is cute! Love the fact that he's mama's boy, just like my Emil. :) I'm glad you're mom was there to celebrate his birthday! Happy spring to all of you!
Happy Birthday kisses to wonderful, smiley Carson!!
Love, from Grandma and Grandpa in Russia
Post a Comment